Electron.A minimal Markdown Editor desktop app built on top of
Key Features •
How To Use •
- LivePreview – Make changes, See changes
- Instantly see what your Markdown documents look like in HTML as you create them.
- Sync Scrolling
- While you type, LivePreview will automatically scroll to the current location you’re editing.
- GitHub Flavored Markdown
- Syntax highlighting
- KaTeX Support
- Dark/Light mode
- Toolbar for basic Markdown formatting
- Supports multiple cursors
- Save the Markdown preview as PDF
- Emoji support in preview
- App will keep alive in tray for quick usage
- Full screen mode
- Write distraction free.
- Cross platform
- Windows, macOS and Linux ready.
How To Use
To clone and run this application, you’ll need Git and Node.js (which comes with npm) installed on your computer. From your command line:
If you’re using Linux Bash for Windows, see this guide or use
nodefrom the command prompt.
You can download the latest installable version of Markdownify for Windows, macOS and Linux.
Markdownify is an emailware. Meaning, if you liked using this app or it has helped you in any way, I’d like you send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org about anything you’d want to say about this software. I’d really appreciate it!
This software uses the following open source packages:
- Marked – a markdown parser
- Emojis are taken from here
markdownify-web – Web version of Markdownify
You may also like…
- Pomolectron – A pomodoro app
- Correo – A menubar/taskbar Gmail App for Windows and macOS
GitHub @amitmerchant1990 ·