- CRUD functionality of posts (both frontend and backend)
- Like and comment functionality
- User authentication using JSON Web Token
- Clean and usable UI
Stack and Frameworks used
Installing this project locally
It’s an easy process.
- Install NodeJS and the NPM package manager.
- Get your own MongoDB database (you can get one for free at MongoDB Atlas or you can set up one locally)
- Clone this git repository
- Set your MongoDB database link and port (3003 by default) variables under the .env file
There you go! Hopefully I find time to make a Dockerfile for this lol.
- Fix up some user interfaces (I have trouble with CSS :/)
- Dockerfile and automated CI/CD
- Markdown support for posts
- Abilty to like and unlike posts (user-unique likes, it’s currently anonymous now)
- Nested commenting features (quite lazy to do tbh)
- Better and more secure user authentication