Table of Contents
- Create an account if you don’t have on TMDB.
Because I use its free API to consume movie/tv data.
- And then follow the documentation to create API Key
- Finally, if you use v3 of TMDB API, create a file named
.env, and copy and paste the content of
And then paste the API Key you just created.
Which features this project deal with
- How to create and use Custom Hooks
- How to use Context and its provider
- How to use lazy and Suspense for Code-Splitting
- How to use Portal
- How to use Fowarding Refs to make components reusuable
- How to create and use HOC
- How to customize default theme of MUI
- How to use RTK
- How to use RTK Query
- How to customize default classname of MUI.
- Infinite Scrolling(using Intersection Observer API)
- How to make awesome carousel using slick-carousel
Third Party libraries used except for React and RTK
Install with Docker
docker build --build-arg TMDB_V3_API_KEY=your_api_key_here -t netflix-clone . docker run --name netflix-clone-website --rm -d -p 80:80 netflix-clone
- Implement animation using motion hook from
react-use, now I am using
framer-motionfor animation. If we use the motion hook from
framer-motionis not needed.
- Improve performance. I am using
providerbut all components subscribed to the context’s value are re-rendered. These re-renders happen even if the part of the value is not used in render of the component. there are several ways to prevent the re-renders from these behaviours. In addition to them, there may be several performance issues.
- Replace bundler(Vite) with Turbopack. Turbopack is introduced in Next.js conf recently. It’s very fast but it’s nor ready to use right now. it just support Next.js, and they plan to support all others as soon as possible. so if it’s ready to use, replace Vite with Turbopack.
There might be several things to improve for performance.
Because this project only aims to show how to use the features mentioned above.
So I welcome anyone who wants to contribute.
If there are anyone who wants to contribute, there are some points(animation using
framer-motion, and fix position of the portal in Grid page)