Realtime Code Editor
The Realtime Code Editor is a web-based code editor that allows multiple users to edit the same codebase simultaneously in realtime. It is built with React.js, Node.js, Socket.IO, and Tailwind CSS. You can find the Live Demo at https://musical-khapse-5244f7.netlify.app/.
- Collaborative editing: Multiple users can edit the same codebase at the same time and see each other’s changes in realtime.
- Syntax highlighting: The editor supports syntax highlighting for multiple programming languages.
- Live preview: Changes to the code are reflected in a live preview window.
-Supports mulitiple languages
To install and run the Realtime Code Editor locally, follow these steps:
- Clone the repository:
git clone https://github.com/Devil5614737/realtime-code-editor
- Navigate to the project directory:
- Install dependencies:
- Start the development server:
The application will be running at http://localhost:3000.
To deploy the Realtime Code Editor to a production environment, follow these steps:
- Build the production bundle:
npm run build
- Set the
NODE_ENVenvironment variable to
- Start the production server:
npm run start:prod
The Realtime Code Editor can be customized by creating a
.env file in the root directory of the project and setting the following variables:
PORT: The port number on which the server should listen (default: 3000).
SESSION_SECRET: A secret used to encrypt session data.
HOST: The hostname or IP address of the server (default: localhost).
If you would like to submit a bug fix or new feature, please follow these steps:
- Fork the repository.
- Create a new branch for your changes.
- Make your changes and commit them.
- Push your branch to your fork and submit a pull request.
The Realtime Code Editor is licensed under the MIT License. See LICENSE for more information.